Apply for Delta State Ministry of Information General Manager Here. The Delta State Ministry of Information recruitment 2018 is currently ongoing, This guide is for those applying for the position of General Manager.
Before you proceed to the Delta State Ministry of Information General Manager recruitment portal to submit your application, kindly go through the breakdown of requirements and procedure here.
Delta State Ministry of Information – Delta State Printing and Publishing Company Limited (DPPCL), publishers of the POINTER titles, invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: General Manager
Experience Level: Senior level
Duration: The position is tenurable for 4 years and can he renewed for a second and final 4 years, subject to satisfactory performance.
- Reporting to the Board and the Delta State Ministry of Information, the General Manager will provide quality leadership and direction to ensure the performance of the company in line with its strategic plans and to ensure it is capable of delivering on its long-term strategic intent and vision.
- Delta State Printing and Publishing Company Limited (DPPCL) is the publisher of the Pointer titles. DPPCL is under the management and supervision of the Delta State Ministry of Information
- In line with its strategic growth, the Ministry of Information is desirous of hiring a top-of-the-class individual with a proven track record of results-driven leadership and the requisite skills and experience to fill the General Manager position for this company.
- Boosting staff morale/motivation for successful implementation and deployment of a world class competitive platform in alignment with the company’s strategy
- Ensure optimal performance of the company by Identifying and growing businesses including Value Added Services from strategic partners by management
- Leading and managing the company and ensuring that the business achieves its set goals.
- Managing relationships and compliance issues with regulatory authorities
- Preparation of budgetary proposal and control to the Ministry of Information
- Ensuring that functional objectives are delivered through a highly motivated and engaged team
- Developing bench strength of future leaders through coaching, mentoring and guidance for the team.
- Providing overall supervision for the Senior Management Staff
- Managing performance of the Senior Management Staff
- Developing and implementing the company’s policies and programmes as enunciated by the Board and with the assistance of other Senior Management Staff
- Overseeing the enforcement of all regulatory authority management policies and sanctions
Agent Network Development:
- Establishing appropriate framework to facilitate Agent rollout
- Evaluating performances of Agent Supervisors and Master Agents across critical parameters – Customer and Agent acquisition; and Agent management
- Preparing and presenting monthly reports on market performance to the Board on an ongoing basis
- Providing field-based market intelligence necessary for forecasting long and short-range market potentials for the distribution of the Pointer titles.
Sales and Business Process Management:
- Constantly monitoring all indices to ensure performance against set targets while ensuring remedial action for all initiatives
- Accurately forecasting annual, quarterly and monthly revenue streams and set performance goals accordingly
- Establishing and managing customer relationships and proactively leveraging them to build loyalty; and cross-sell other products of the business
- Developing effective strategies to ensure the company’s Agent Network becomes fully effective
- Generating reports on market/competitor intelligence
- Developing prospects and expanding the Agent Network.
- Driving the execution of sales strategy to achieve targets set by management
- Providing a solution-oriented sales approach over the full delivery life cycle
- Driving business growth by consistently developing and maintaining a healthy business pipeline that will meet and aggressively exceed targets
- Developing and leading initiatives to grow and Sustain the business
- Designing and implementing strategies/plans to grow and improve readership
- Utilizing market research and effective competitor analysis to develop and implement sales plan/strategies that will give the business an edge
- Identifying and assessing potential financial risks, reputation risks, etc. to the company
- Putting strategies in place to mitigate risks
- Ensuring compliance with statutory requirements from relevant agencies.
Qualifications and Experience
- First Degree or its equivalent in Sciences or Humanities, while a Master’s Degree with relevant professional certification will be an added advantage
- Minimum of 15 years relevant experience, with at least five (5) years in a senior management position in a similar or comparable institution
- Experience in newspaper publishing, journalism, advertisement and printing press
- Track record of successful management/administration of regional or national newspaper or its equivalent
- Extensive and working knowledge of retail business and sales channel development.
- Age: 40-45 years
Skills / Competency Requirements:
- Adept Stakeholder management skills (especially with relevant regulators)
- Strong leadership skills
- Ability to foster and sustain relationships with stakeholders, peers and executives
- Ability to manage multiple priorities effectively.
- Hands-on attitude and self-starting disposition
- Ability to work under pressure and achieve results
- Good business and commercial awareness
- SGL 17
How To Apply for Delta State Ministry of Information General Manager
Interested and qualified candidates from within and outside the company, should send their credentials, CV and Cover Letters to: [email protected] The subject of the mail should be “General Manager, DPPCL” and be addressed to:
The Honourable Commissioner,
Ministry of Information,
Emmanuel Uduaghan Way,
Asaba – Delta State.
Application Deadline 15th November, 2018.