Apply For Mandela Rhodes Postgraduate Scholarships 2018/2019 for Africans to study in South Africa | See How To Apply –
The Mandela Rhodes Scholarships programme 2018 is a combination of financial support for postgraduate studies and a high quality leadership development programme, with the intention of building exceptional leadership capacity in Africa.
- The Scholarship is open to citizens of all African countries
- The Scholarship is for postgraduate study at South African universities or tertiary institutions
- Full funding is for Honours (maximum one year) or Masters (up to a maximum of two years) or their equivalents (MBA’s excluded)
- Any individual who will be between the ages of 19 and 30 years at the time of taking up the Scholarship may apply
- Applicants must possess a first degree or its equivalent or must be in the process of completing one by 31 January 2019
- Applicants should have a history of well above average academic results
- Individuals that reflect in their character a commitment to the four principles of Education, Reconciliation, Leadership and Entrepreneurship
- Applicants must be able to attend all compulsory elements of our leadership development programme. These activities can occur during the week or on weekends.
- The Scholarship cannot be deferred once awarded. It must be taken up in the year which was applied for
PLEASE NOTE: If you qualify for the Scholarship, The Mandela Rhodes Foundation does not apply to tertiary institutions on your behalf. Applicants must apply separately to their chosen tertiary institution for the degree they wish to undertake. The Scholarship award is conditional on the applicant being offered a place at the relevant institution.
Leadership development programme
The MRF leadership development programme is made up of the following three components.
- Three residential workshops;
- Three regional group pods;
The Scholarship covers the cost of a Scholar as follows:
- Tuition and registration fees as set by the institution
- A study materials allowance as set by the MRF
- Accommodation and meal allowances as set by the MRF
- A medical aid allowance as set by the MRF
- Economy-class travel allowance for international Scholars only from the Scholar’s home to their institution at the beginning and end of their degree
- Personal allowance
The applications and selections process:
All applicants apply online via the Embark application system on the MRF website.
Round 1: Applications reviewed by South African tertiary institutions and the Mandela Rhodes Foundation (alumni reviewers). By end June 2018, all applicants to be informed by universities and/or the MRF whether or not their application is through to the next stage
Round 2: Reviews by designated Mandela Rhodes Foundation staff. By the end of July 2018, remaining applicants to be informed by the MRF whether or not their application is through to the next stage
Round 3: Reviews by designated Mandela Rhodes Foundation staff. By end of August 2018, remaining applicants to be informed by the MRF whether or not their application is through to the next stage
Final round: Panel interviews with Selection Committees in October. By end of October 2018, panel interviewed applicants to be informed by the MRF whether or not they have been selected as Mandela Rhodes Scholars.
Application Deadline: 15 April 2018.
For More Information: Visit the Official Webpage of the Mandela Rhodes Postgraduate Scholarships 2018/2019