OPEC Scholarships 2019/2020 Application Form, Requirements and How to Apply.
OPEC Scholarships 2019/2020. This guide is for OPEC Fund for International Development (OFID) 2019/2020 Scholarships for Students from Developing Countries. You need to pay attention.
Here we will show you the A–Z guide on how you can secure OPEC Scholarships Fund for International Development (OFID) 2019/2020.
If you are interested in OPEC Scholarships Fund for International Development (OFID) 2019/2020. Keep reading so you can find more information below.
There are many thing you need to understand about OPEC 2019 Scholarships before you apply Here online. In case you’ve not known before,
The OFID Scholarship Award supports outstanding young individuals from developing countries so that they are able to pursue graduate studies in a development-related field. The program, which is currently in its thirteenth year of operation, has to date helped over 50 young people complete their education. Last year, OFID received close to 9,000 applications. The Scholarship portal is now open to receive applications.
The tuition fees, including any supplementary examination fees, as may be required by the academic institution, will be paid by OFID directly to the academic institution. Health insurance will be paid in accordance
with the institution’s own standard medical scheme.
A monthly allowance to cover living expenses, books and accommodation, will be transferred to the student’s own personal bank account.
Prior to the start of his/her first year studies, the student will be paid a relocation grant. OFID will also pay for travel costs from the nearest airport to the student’s place of residence, to the nearest airport to the chosen place of study. Upon completion of the studies, the student will be paid the cost of one-way air ticket to his/her home country.
Eligibility for OPEC Scholarships 2019/2020 Application Form
- Must be between the ages of 23-32 at the time of submitting his/her application.
- Must have obtained or be on the verge of completing their undergraduate degree with a Baccalaureate from an accredited college/university, or its equivalent.
- Must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 rating system, or its equivalent.
- Must be matriculated at an accredited university for the upcoming academic year starting August/September 2018, and must maintain full-time status for the duration of the Master’s Degree.
- Must be a national of a developing country—please refer to the list of eligible countries. Please note that nationals of OFID Member Countries (Algeria, Ecuador, Gabon, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Kuwait, Libya, Nigeria, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Venezuela) are ineligible to apply.
- Must select a subject of study that pertains to OFID’s core mission, such as: economics of development (poverty reduction, energy and sustainable development), environment (desertification), or other related science and technology fields.
See other Latest Job Vacancies in Nigeria you can apply below:
To be selected for the OPEC Scholarships, Kindly read ALL of the directions below before proceeding with the application process:
Applicants are responsible for gathering and submitting all necessary information. Applications will be evaluated based on the information provided. Therefore, all questions should be answered as thoroughly as possible. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Once an application has been submitted, no changes will be allowed.
Required Documents for OPEC Scholarships 2019/2020 Application Form
- A completed on-line application form.
- A scanned copy of the applicant’s passport.
- A scanned copy of the transcripts/certificates from the highest level of education completed.
- A scanned letter of acceptance from chosen educational institution, confirming your admission, subject of study and duration of the Master’s degree program.
- A proof of meeting any prerequisites, including language proficiency.
- A short essay – of about 500 words in English – giving reasons for applying for the OFID scholarship, explaining your educational goals, and clearly describing how you will use the experience gained from your Master’s degree studies to help in the development of your home country.
- Two letters of recommendation from professors and/or lecturers at applicant’s present university (or present employer).
- Curriculum Vitae (CV).
- STEP 1: Ensure that you fulfill the OFID Scholarship Award Eligibility Criteria and all necessary documents are ready for submission.
- STEP 2: Register within the OFID Scholarship Portal by using your email address. Please note you can log onto the portal as many times as required before finally submitting the application.
- STEP 3: Fill out the application form. Make sure to save data each time you update your application. Once you are logged in, if the page remains inactive for more than two hours, your session will time-out and you may lose unsaved data. Do not submit your application until you have completed the entire application process!
- STEP 4: Upload necessary documents: CV, two recommendation letters, certificates/transcripts from the highest level of completed education, acceptance letter into postgraduate program, passport copy and personal essay.
- STEP 5: When your application is complete, and all additional documents are uploaded, your application is ready to be submitted. Once your application is submitted, you can no longer make any changes or upload any more documents.
The application deadline is April 14th , 2019.
Please do not call or email OFID to see if your application has been received or to inquire about your status. You will receive an automated confirmation once your application has been submitted. Only the winners will be
notified by June 2019 and announced on our website.
For More Information: