Paediatrician Current Job Position 2018 at ECOWAS and How to Apply.
Do you have what it takes to get the Paediatrician Current Job Position 2018 at ECOWAS at the Paediatrician Current Job Position 2018 at ECOWAS? If you answered yes to this question, then proceed further and see what qualification required to apply for the job.
You must take this guide very seriously as every information you need in order to successfully get Paediatrician Current Job Position 2018 at ECOWAS is right here on this web page. So stay focused and read through.
About Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) and their Paediatrician Current Job Position 2018.
The Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) is a regional group of fifteen West African countries. Founded on 28 May 1975, with the signing of the Treaty of Lagos, its mission is to promote economic integration across the region.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Paediatrician
Location: Republic of Sierra Leone
Category: ECOWAS International Volunteer
Type of Contract: ECOWAS Volunteers Programme. Non-Family Position
Expected Start Date: 15th September 2018
Duration: One (01) year, renewable (depending on budget availability and satisfactory performance)
- Consequently, the EYSDC implements her policies, activities and strategic action plans, as well as the ECOWAS vision in the areas of youth and sports, including the ECOWAS Volunteers Programme. The EYSDC’s objective is to initiate, develop, coordinate and implement youth and sports programmes within the Community.
- The ECOWAS Youth and Sports Development Centre (EYSDC), was created by the Decision A/DEC.13/01/05 of 19th January 2005 at Accra, Ghana as a specialized Agency of the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS).
- At the 32nd session of the ECOWAS Summit held in June 2007, the Heads of States and Government adopted a new approach to regional integration by approving a new global vision called the ECOWAS Vision 2020
- The principal objective of this vision is to move the Community from an «ECOWAS of States» to an «ECOWAS of Peoples» by the year 2020.
To this end, it works to:
- Mobilise the different segments of the population to ensure their integration and effective participation in the social development of the region, as well as the promotion of youth organisations and professional associations to ensure maximum participation in the activities of the Community;
- provide a permanent institutional framework within ECOWAS through which issues related to Youth and Sports activities in the sub-region can be developed and promoted.
Organizational Framework of the Centre
The Youth and Sports Development Centre (EYSDC) is one of the Directorates under the Social Affairs and Gender Department of the ECOWAS Commission. It is based in Ouagadougou (Burkina Faso) under the headquarters agreement signed between the Burkina Faso authorities and the ECOWAS Commission.
Decision N° A/DEC 13/01/2005 of 19th January 2005 had adopted the organizational structure comprising of four Divisions (Youth, Sports, Administration and Finance, and TIC). However, since 2008, the Centre has undergone some structural modifications following the transfer of the ECOWAS Volunteers Programme (EVP) from the Political Affairs, Peace and Security Department of the Commission (CPAPS) to the EYSDC, under the Social Affairs and Gender Department.
The EVP is centralized in organisation, but decentralized in its application to allow for flexibility and adaptation to the current realities of each country. The strategic directions, including the formulation of the overall vision, goals and objectives of the Programme, is the responsibility of the Regional Coordination Council (RCC), whose role, among others, is to ensure that the EVP becomes a genuine voluntary arm of ECOWAS. Being a cross-cutting programme, the ECOWAS Volunteers Regional Coordination Council (RCC) includes representatives of relevant departments of the ECOWAS Commission. The RCC is chaired by the Commissioner for Social Affairs and Gender of the ECOWAS Commission. She is assisted by the Director of the ECOWAS Youth and Sports Development Centre (EYSDC), as Alternate Chairman of the RCC.
The executive arm of the RCC is the Regional Office, provided by the EYSDC in Ouagadougou (Burkina Faso). The programme’s regional coordination activities are coordinated by a Regional Coordinator under the supervision of the EYSDC Director. Although the EVP is under the Youth Division of the EYSDC, it is directly supervised by the EYSDC Director for effectiveness. At the National level, the National Coordination Council (NCC) serves as the national body through which national policy guidelines for the Programme are given. This Council works towards the understanding and entrenchment of the Volunteer Programme in the national environment. It also serves as advisor to the country office, which is responsible for the coordination of the Programme at national level.
The NCC is chaired by the Head of the ECOWAS National Office in the country. It is made up of Focal Points/Representatives of the various ministries, Civil Society Organisations, United Nations Agencies and local youth associations involved in the implementation of the Programme at the National level.
Duties and Responsibilities for Paediatrician Current Job Position 2018 at ECOWAS
The ECOWAS Volunteer Paediatrician will work directly with the Ministry of Health and Sanitation of Sierra Leone and undertake the following duties and responsibilities:
- Advice patients, parents or guardians on procedures and discuss tests results or prescribed treatments with patients and parents or guardians.
- Conduct or participate in community outreach programs to sensitize community members on diet, activities, hygiene and measures to ensure disease prevention.
- Direct and coordinate Nurses, medical Students and other junior medical personnel on morbidity and mortality meetings and other activities on research programs and management of pediatric illnesses.
- Perform any other assigned official duty.
- Carry out comprehensive examination; perform and interpret diagnostic tests on children on a regular basis to assess their mental growth and physical development to determine medical condition and prescribed treatment.
- Monitor patient condition and progress and re-evaluate treatments as necessary.
- Plan and execute medical care programs to aid in the mental and physical growth and development of children and adolescent.
- Prescribe and or administer treatment, vaccination and other specialised medical care to treat or prevent illness, injury in infants and children.
- Carry out minor surgical procedures on patients to remove, repair or improve functioning of injured body parts and system or to treat condition in patient.
- Collect, record and maintain patient information such as medical history, report and examination result.
- Ensure prompt referrals are done to other specialist when necessary.
Required Qualifications and Experience for Paediatrician Current Job Position 2018 at ECOWAS
- Must be a qualified Medical Practitioner
- Must possess a Post Master’s Degree in Pediatrics.
Work Experience and Other Skills:
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of volunteerism is an asset
- Ability to work with little supervision
- Good computer skills – Office Suite;
- Must have served as a Senior Registrar for at least four (4) years.
- Must have an updated registration license with Medical and Dental Council (MDCSL).
- Must be a Member/Fellow of the West African College of Physician (Paediatrics).
- Ability to work within a multidisciplinary team
- Perfect command of the English language (written and oral) is mandatory.
- Knowledge of any other official language of ECOWAS (French or Portuguese) will be considered an asset / advantage.
Conditions of Service for Paediatrician Current Job Position 2018 at ECOWAS
- An initial contract for 12 months will be offered with a Monthly Living Allowance of 1,112.5 USD or its equivalent in local currency.
- At the beginning of the assignment, and only where applicable, a settling-in grant will be paid, and a resettlement grant will be provided at the end of the assignment. Where applicable, air transport from home country to the duty station and return at end of mission is also provided.
- A life and health insurance cover for the incumbent of the position will be provided.
- Other conditions of service as stipulated in the EVP Management and Administration Manual and Handbook of Conditions of Service shall apply.
- The position is open to nationals of ECOWAS Member States, aged not more than 42 years by the date of recruitment.
- This position is considered a non-family ECOWAS International Volunteer position.
- An international ECOWAS Volunteer cannot serve in their own country of origin.
- ECOWAS is committed to promoting gender equality and equity. To this end, female candidates are strongly encouraged.
How to Apply for Paediatrician Current Job Position 2018 at ECOWAS
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Applications (to include the following below) by e-mail to: [email protected] with the title: “Application for the Post of Paediatrician” on the subject line.
Composition of Application for Paediatrician Current Job Position 2018 at ECOWAS
- A signed letter of application/motivation addressed to the EYSDC Director;
- A detailed Curriculum Vitae highlighting specific skills and experiences of the candidate;
- Certified copies of certificates, diplomas and work certificates;
- A criminal/police record of less than 6 months.
Application Deadline 14th August, 2018.